Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

New Use for Bees!

I was working on my car and I had several bolts stuck. I tried many off the shelf products and then I tried something that I thought of while pondering the first wrench busting nut. Wax!  I read a post from long ago when I was trying to un-stick my truck winter rims to switch to summer rims. Heat the offensive bolt and then tough wax to it. As it cools it will draw the wax into the threads and hopefully allow you to break free. Guess what?.. It worked every time. It is now a new tool in my arsenal.

I visited the bees tonight on the way back from my sap buckets and they were starting to bring in pollen.  This is great news. It was 17 degrees today and there is a threat of a thunderstorm so the bees were a little tense. I got stung several times just watching the bees come and go.  They really do not like the weather. I also hope I have not got an aggressive queen in the hive.

Bye for now and remember to Bee Stoic.

No comments:

Post a Comment