Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Something is up in the Hives

Whoa - lesson from the hive. If the house is rocking don't bother knocking. I was on the way back from the sugar bush yesterday and I stopped to take a look at the hives. There were a couple of bees that were binging in pollen. This was an excellent sign. The problem was that there was a tremendous amount of activity around the one hive. It almost looked like a robbing situation. As I peered at the hive, a bee landed on my ear. Not unusual. I left it there. Then I heard the distinctive high pitched buzz. That is a sign that it is a little pissed at something. Next thing I knew Bamm. Stung. Hmm that's weird - whoa there is another, and another. Next thing I knew there were about 10 in my hair and around my head. You can really hear the anger in their buzzing. I had to get out of there and suffered about 3 stings.

Something is up. They do not usually act that way unless something is disturbing them.

I wonder if something is up in the Ukraine? Russia does not needlessly go around stirring up trouble unless something is up.  Just a thought. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes?

No comments:

Post a Comment