Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What a Winter

Well I think I want to shoot the groundhog that predicted the long winter.  It has been brutal.  Maple syrup has finally started to flow. We are pulling off sap the next few days and the heat is building. Perfect day yesterday - Sunny and 10+ and last night was -2  and today is going to be sunny and +10 again. Looks like we are in for it this week. After this week we will be pretty much done. The only way to prolong it is to have a vacuum system set up.  That is for the future.

The snow is so deep I had to purchase an old snowmobile to get around. I must admit I really like the convenience of moving around the farm quickly and easily. It sure is handy in this weather. I hate the smoke smell and noise. I can't get over that.

I will update on the bees later. Poor results again - lost 2 already and a 3rd is on death's door.

No comments:

Post a Comment