Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Good-Bye CCM Super Tack's

Well, today is the day I say farewell to a dear companion and weary traveller of many years. My old CCM's have finally been replaced.

I purchased these skates in 1986 with Dale Burleigh. He opted for the Bauers. These are great skates. They fit me like a glove and I could move pretty well.  I had replaced the blades a few years ago.  The rivets are starting to pull out and the blade would need replacing soon. Sigh. They were soft in the right places and fit my feet in the way that no skates have ever fit me.  I was able to learn to do so much on those blades.  They are not completely gone; they will remain pond skates for many years.

I have opted to get a used pair of skates - Bauer - Vapour AXP's  - whatever they are.  My son recognized them right away as better than his Bauer Vapours.  What does that say about his head space and mine?  I see a pair of skates that are the same as his but he sees a "professional" pair of skates.

Anyway buying used always saves money.  Always.  These skates were worn by someone in the OHL playing for the Petes. They were on sale from the original used price of  $199 (the same price as my 451's) to $119.  They feel great and I think they will break in nicely.

Saving money and having nice things can be accomplished.  These are a little beat up but I bet I will get 10 years out of them.  Why buy new?

Bee Stoic.

No comments:

Post a Comment