Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring update

It is a beautiful day here in Trent Hills. The Bees have been out flying and the weather is going to be about 20 degrees Celsius. I lost 3 hives last winter. I think they were honey bound.

I planted several weeping willows from last year's cuttings today on Simon's birthday.

I have also planted clover in the horse fields, and around some of the other trees . I do hope it takes and starts to fix nitrogen in the soil.

I am also going to add lupins, clover, and comfrey around some of the maple tree seedlings and catalpa tree seedlings that I planted last fall. So far, they look good and the buds are beginning to open.

Too nice of a day to sit around making posts, I'm off to town and then plant in the afternoon away.

No comments:

Post a Comment