Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Rupert Is Dead

What a shock. Rupert is dead. the cantankerous old Muscovy duck passed away yesterday. I found him on my way to the barn last night when doing chores. His girl friend might be relieved - Tuffy was hounded by him relentlessly. His daughter, Stubby, was actually being hounded by him as well. Maybe they conspired together and did in Rupert? Even my dog Dixie was acting a little strange when I got home from work yesterday. Did she get rid of him?

So lesson to be learned is that you never know when your time is up. Enjoy the ride. Who knows when the merry-go-round stops. Speaking of music DJ E-Z Rock also passed recently. He was best known for his song "It Takes Two".  Man that is a catchy tune.

I recently read a post by one of my favourite bloggers - Dave Pollard - (How to Save the World blog/website) on how he has decided to give up on trying to change the world when he was reflecting on Earth Day. It was quite interesting to see his comments. I believe he lives in an apartment in Vancouver or Victoria. He talks about enjoying things now and accepting that they cannot continue as they are. He strikes me as a "Prepper" but I am not sure how prepared he might be living in an apartment complex. It is the last place I want to be if things start to come apart.

Me? I am working hard to get everything going in my favour - planting trees. Building garden fertility. Developing food creation skills to support me as I come to retirement (10 years), repairing my cars myself so that I can take care of most repairs and save after tax dollars for other items. Purchasing durable goods that will be with me for my life. Teaching kids the way to freedom is food security and that oil will not be around forever.

This journey we are on is really quite fragile. Enjoy the day. Find beauty in simple things. Rest your head at on your pillow and think about all of the gifts you have, not the woes. It makes everything so much better.

Bee Stoic.



No comments:

Post a Comment