Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Podcast 1 - What the Hell is going on?

Link to podcast #1

Parabel - 6 blind men and the elephant.  If you do not have the correct information you make incorrect assumptions. Stoicism - stay calm and carry on.
  1. Why I started this podcast
    1. feel slightly isolated
    2. I question my own sanity!
    3. my friends and family members are sick of hearing from me
    4. everything that I thought would happen….didn’t
    5. my historical path to this point
      1. 2007 CBC show about peak oil - my dad listening across the parking lot
      2. 2008 fuel shock
      3. Biofuels, Jack Spirko
      4. Recession and recovery
      5. Lost my way
      6. Oh oh happening again
      7. endless recession

  1. Look around - is the world struggling under the burden that we have created?
  2. Are we at peak everything?
    1. Consumption - we have a e a society that is consuming more (at least in North America) than the world can keep up with - limits to growth
    2. Environmental damage - remains to be seen but think about this logically; can we did up carbon, pump it into the air and not have an effect?  Tonnes a year a being elevated.  
    3. Fourth Turning - society has reached a point where we have forgotten the challenges of the previous generations. This is a pattern that repeats, time and time again
    4. Financial shenanigans - they are manipulating numbers, publications, markets
  3. Why is no one freaking out? - Novel kids
  4. What can you do?
    1. Bee Stoic - you cannot change or challenge the people around you, let alone the world. Politics?
    2. Prepare - do what you can to make sure that you are self sufficient
    3. Find your areas of strength and work toward independence. Find the assets that you have and build them up.  Possibly start a business, plant trees, start a garden, learn a new real skill
  5. The future - look for more detailed discussions on things that I am doing around the farm and with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment